Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kherrington is turning 1!






This is Dr. J. Thorpe he also helped Shani's doctor deliver Brighton!



I cannot believe how fast this year as gone by!! Seems like just yesterday I was counting down the days until she got here! I realized that I never posted my labor story so I thought that that its been a year now I should do it.

The week that I was due Jordan and I were trying everything to get this baby out...and I mean it. Then one of my good friends Sammi Sneed googled some things and Thursday the 14th we went out to try to put me in labor. First we ate SPicey chinese food. Then some pinneapple and then a little stroll around the mall. After that we decided to run to the grocery store and buy some CASTRO OIL. I went home and bid Sammi good bye as she was moving back to Vegas the next day. That night I mixed the oil into a milk shake. An hour later I was starting to feel some contractions. I called Shani who was in Washington and she told me to take a shower because it might be a couple of days til I shower next. So I got in the shower and the contractions kept coming. I got out dryed my hair and sat on the couch. Then it got really bad...all of the sudden they were 4-5 min apart and I was crying they hurt so bad. SO we grabed our bags and headed to the hospital. When we got there they were so bad and so close. We called Amy and told her that if she wanted to be here for the delivery she better come now. So she headed right over(she was very sweet the whole time and held my throw bag. Aw amies ur the best ). After a couple of minutes waiting for the epidural it got bad. I suddenly turned into that patient that scares everyone else in the hospital(i have no tolerance for pain) I was screaming with pain...then in the biggest contraction and at the peak of it my water broke. I felt my stomach squeezing together then a HUGE POP and water started coming out. I of course screamed louder as it hurt really bad. lol (like I said no tolerance for pain) after an hour they gave me the medicine...then something happened not to sure what but everyone was running around no one telling us anything re-adjusting me and looking around and all had nervous looks on their faces. After they calm down they tell us that the babys head had droped I went from a 6-10 in seconds, and they couldnt find her heart beat, They thought she just got really stressed and droped or something still not to sure but its ok she was fine now. After that I started pushing. After pushing a couple of times the head was there. We had to wait for for ever for the doctor to get there...which was awkward cuz here I was just hanging out with a little head poking out lol. Then he comes in and seriously just pulled her out. Besides the pain it was easy and short. only about 5 hours of labor.
Then we got to enjoy our little baby. She was beautiful! and perfect 21 1/2 inches and 7 lbs 12 oz. The next day Amy was very sweet and came in again and hung out with us. Then my parents came up to meet their first grand daughter. After that Shani, Chris, and Brighton came from Washington to meet her as well.
I love our little girl. She is the best baby. I know always say that but seriously she is. She is our little bundle of joy. and brings us such happiness.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is one! a year has gone by SOO fast!!! I hope i have a quick labor ha ha she is so dang cute and growing so quickly! I loved seeing her a couple weeks ago...Happy Birthday Kherrington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious :) Thats what K likes me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww she was so little! It's sort of bittersweet when they keep getting bigger and bigger! She had tons of hair...so cute, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats- it goes by fast huh. TO think we were having these little munckins this time last year! crazy!

    ReplyDelete